Saturday 28 March 2015

The Bird of Prey Takes Flight

Today I took the Vulture for her maiden voyage, and what a beauty she is. Here she is docked up having been fitted out to my initial budget.


Having cracked a customary bottle of wine over the hull (even though in Sol custom it should be champagne, which I've yet to find a single bottle of out here in the stars) and taken my seat, I found that not only is she stunning to look at, in my opinion anyway, she is also an absolute dream to fly.

In comparison to the Viper, she only has two large hardpoints whereas the Viper has two small and two medium hardpoints. However the bonus here is that these bays are capable of housing two class 3 turrets. Currently I've got two class 2 beam's installed, and they do a beautiful job of tearing through shields and hull on every level of ship up to and including Anaconda's. The only downside I've noticed is that with where the turrets are positioned, smaller targets are tougher to hit, as the close range means the gap between the lasers forces one of them to miss unless you are spot on with the aiming and the angle.

Where the Vulture excels beyond all belief is the manoeuvrability. Good grief can this ship move, she's literally in a class of her own. She doesn't have speed on her side, as she is much much slower than the Viper, but the ability to stay tailed to most ships in their blind spots is something that I have found invaluable in combat. From Sidewinders and Eagles to Clippers and Anaconda's, the Vulture can run rings around them all. Here is a shot of a Clipper that didn't last long at all against the agile motions of my new Vulture.


This new ship has meant that the renewed efforts of the local rats has gone to waste. Currently, they are powerless to even consider standing against me in their current state of poor organisation. Even in fleets of three, they are literally no match.

Perhaps I am indeed safe here after all, and can help the local enforcement gain control...

No comments:

Post a Comment