Sunday 22 March 2015

The First Log

This is the first in a series of logs that I have decided to write. I write them now because I received word that my wife back on Earth in Sol gave birth to my second daughter just yesterday, and so I decided I would leave these logs as a record of my days in case the worst should happen to me.

Aiofe was born at 02:10 on 21st March 3301. She joins my oldest daughter Erin who is 3 in July, and though I am only around 123 light years away in Neganhot, it's not currently safe enough for me to cross the stars home. However, I do know that both my wife Sarah and my new daughter are doing well, which gives me some time to allow things to settle before I embark on a return journey.

My life is dangerous. Populated space is crazy and full of diseased beings willing to take advantage of innocent beings who simply cannot protect themselves. My job is to hunt those pirates down and bring them to a swift justice. Naturally, I reap sweet rewards for doing so, but there is a price I must pay.

Whilst the local security officers in Neganhot are happy while I am at their side, the resident scum are not. My sources tell me that they completely despise my presence here and are plotting to have me removed altogether. But I'm not afraid. Thankfully, I am an competent pilot capable of taking down even the most elite of pirate pilots with little difficulty.

My trusty ship has been with me for a long time. She's a beautiful Viper MK III, custom fitted with two fixed class 1 beam lasers, and two gimballed class 2 multi-cannons. Courtesy of my remote camera drones, here is a shot of her docked at Gardner Settlement.


She's had her fair share of bumps and scratches, but we've formed a perfect bond between my piloting abilities and her super engineering, thank you Faulcon DeLacy.

And now, I feel the need to celebrate. As such I'm going to head to the stations market and buy myself a few beers and join the other locals in a well earned drink. After which, I shall log some more stories of justice from past and present. Commander Sel'xar signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment