Friday 27 March 2015

It's Getting Tougher...

For the record, I must correct my previous log. My new daughters name is actually spelt Aoife. Heaven forbid I hadn't corrected it in this statement, otherwise the pirates here in Neganhot would have been the least of my troubles. Wives are dangerous, even when they are light years away.

The last few days have been pretty hectic, the rats out here really have it in for me. Having undertaken a mission for the local authority to bring one of the pirates most senior commanders to an end, the local scum have stepped up their attacks. A battering of interdictions in one evening left my Viper badly damaged and its been grounded for a couple of days whilst it undergoes repairs to both the hull and the modules. She could also use a lick of paint, but I'm not sure yet whether or not to commission one.

However, I've made the most of the time my Viper has been out of action by investing in a new ship. I decided to purchase myself a Hauler (and no that's not my 'new' investment) in order to travel in relative secrecy across a few stars in order to get to where I needed to be. To my surprise it worked, not a single pirate bothered to cross me. Which is good for me, as I didn't even equip the Hauler beyond its stock fitting.

The Vulture is a glorious ship, and now I am the proud owner of one. As I write she is undergoing module changes. I'm spending a fair chunk on her so that she is reliable for the flight back to Neganhot, that way I can engage any criminals on entering the system.

The remote camera drones are not currently operational on her, so I have yet to get a good shot of her both flying and in the station. But as soon as they come online rest assured I will document her beauty. All being well I will make my return journey tonight and no doubt I will have news to share of the Vulture's combat abilities within hours of taking her out for a spin.

Despite the positives that a new ship brings, I cant help but feel Neganhot will soon be off limits for me. I've seen increasingly bigger ships teaming up to get a piece of me. The rats even bring Anaconda's to the fight which, in fleets, are proving difficult to deal with. Still, whilst the pickings are fun and worthwhile, the extraction zones of Neganhot remain my priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment