Wednesday 15 July 2015

Systems stable, but still repairing...

I've finally managed to get the majority of my systems repaired. My navigation systems are still offline, but should be fully repaired within the next day or so, then I can finally find out where in the galaxy I am! My log system, as you will no doubt realise by reading this, is now functioning as intended. Bloody thing limiting my logs to small sizes and then outputting them into binary is ridiculous, tempted to write to the manufacturer, but I doubt they would do anything.

But enough about my systems, I need to document what I've been through over the last, well, god knows how long.

After my last proper log back in March, I docked my Vulture and, using the bounties that I had accumulated, took to the stars in a shiny new Cobra for a voyage back to Sol to see my family.

Only, I didn't reach Sol. In fact, I don't recall where I reached before I was taken. You see, whilst travelling back to Sol I decided to try a bit of amateur exploration. Whilst exploring one system en route I found myself being interdicted, at least, that's what I thought. 

My scanners didn't pick up another ship in the system, nor could I control my ship. The most peculiar thing is that when I dropped out of the interdiction, nothing around me in the system looked familiar. The stars, nebula's, planets. Nothing. The navigation systems malfunctioned, they couldn't tell me where I was or what was around me.

The hull of the ship clanged loudly, and within seconds they were on me. I've heard legends, rumours and stories of them in the past, both as a child and as an adult. But seeing them close up was just horrible. Thargoids. I wont recall what they did to me, it would feel somewhat cliche. But for some reason, I am alive. I'm scared, but I'm alive.

What concerns me the most is the time I've apparently been gone. Three months according to my ships system timings. I keep an analogue earth watch with me, its a family heirloom handed down through the generations. On the day I found myself back in familiar space, according to that watch, I had only been gone for less than 48 hours.

I need to find out exactly where I am, and get back to populated space. I need to see my family. I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment